Hello everyone, I welcome you again. Friends, Today I have come up with more important thing about health. You Want to quit smoking and other type of bad habit like tabacco, gutka etc. We will surely help you to quit smoking.
January 2, 2018: If you are one of them, who is trying to leave the smoking. So, you must read till the end. How to quit smoking? You here about Nicotex Gum in TV, Newspaper etc. Who are listened for the first time? Many questions around in your mind. What is this? How to use it? How to chew? Wait! Wait! I tell you all thing. You just read till the end.
1. What is Nicotex
Nicotex is a gum containing nicotine that helps people who smoke or chew tobacco and gutka quit the habit. It works on the proven principle of “Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)”.
Nicotex does not contain tar and other harmful chemicals which are present in cigarettes, tabacco and gutka.
Nicotex is available in two strengths, 2 mg and 4 mg. 2mg is appropriate for those who smoke 20 cigarettes aday or less. 4 mg is appropriate for those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day. 4 mg: As advised or told by the doctor.
2 mg: 8-12 prices a day.Do not use more than 24 pieces of gum a day. For recommended dosage schedule, refer the following chart:
2. Why does you get addicted to smoking cigarettes or chewing tabacco. This is nicotine.
Nicotine is a chemical present in tobacco leaves. When you smoke or chew tobacco. Nicotine enters the blood and goes to the Brain. It activates the part of your brain which produces a feeling of pleasure and happiness. After sometime, as the nicotine levels drop, the feel-good effect reduces, and your body starts craving for the next cigarettes or chewing or tobacco. Thus, you get addicted to smoking cigarettes or chewing tabacco.
3. How to chew Nicotex Gum
The method of chewing the gum is NOT the same as that of an ordinary chewing gum. Use the following steps to ensure maximum benefit from the gum.
4. How does Nicotex work?
Each piece of nicotex provides the nicotine that you normally get from cigarettes or chewing tabacco. The level of Nicotine is lower than that in cigarettes or chewing tabacco. Nicotex allows your body to gradually adjust to having less nicotine until you no longer need any and thus, helps you quit smoking or chewing tabacco.
5. What is the indication for the use of nicotex?
To reduce withdrawal symptoms including Nicotine craving Associated with quitting smoking/chewing tabacco and gutka containing tobacco.
Consult the doctor
- If you are taking any other medicine especially, those containing Theophylline, Tacrine, Clozapine, Ropinirol or non-nicotine drugs to stop smoking. If you have had previous reactions to gums or other nicotine containing products. If you experience anything that is unusual after the use of nicotex.
- If you have other medical conditions like uncontrolled high blood pressure, stroke, stomach ulcer, kidney or liver disease, heart or circulation problems, diabetes, allergic reactions, severe sore throat, inflammation of mouth, overactive thyroid, irritable bowel syndrome or adrenal gland cancer
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, on sodium restricted diet, or need to use the gum for more than 12 weeks.
If you have used more gums than recommended or in case a child has chewed or swallowed some, then contact a doctor immediately. The general symptoms of nicotine overdose include headache, sickness, diarrhoea, and stomach pain.
Do not use Nicotex gum:
- If you are below 18 years of age
- If you are a non-user of tabacco
Do not eat or drink or use removable dentures with the gum in the mouth. Avoid having any drinks for 15 minutes before the gum is used. The side effects which might be seen with Nicotex will be the same as nicotine given by any other route. The side effects are usually dose dependent and may not be experienced by all. Common side effects such as headache, nausea, hiccups, stomach discomfort, sore mouth or throat, jaw muscle ache and sleep disturbance may be seen particularly during the first few weeks.
DON’T USE AFTER EXPIRY DATE MENTIONED ON THE BOX.